STRAWBERRY & CREAM PUFF PASTRIES RECIPE
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (thawed) ~or homemade puff pastry rolled out.
- 3 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 box of strawberries
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Roll out puff pastry & cut into 6 rectangles.
- Place the rectangles on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- With a fork, poke holes all around the center of the pastries, leaving ~1 inch border.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar & vanilla extract till smooth.
- Spread the mixture in the center area covering where the holes were poked.
- Peel the stems off the strawberries, wash & pat dry.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut them in half. At the top where the stem is, cut out a little V to make the heart (I also sliced the outer part of the strawberries so they'd lay flatter).
- Beat the egg in a small bowl & brush the borders of the pastries with it.
- Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese, layering them on top of each other.
- Bake for ~15 mins or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.