Right now I sitting on my bed with a Korean face mask on. All day I've been feeling pretty off and anxious. I've come a long way since my anxiety began, but it is always going to be something I'll have to learn to deal with. As every new situation comes at me, or every new experience, I have to learn it all over again with anxiety by my side. The funny thing is that the doctors sell medication as "the perfect fix", but the truth is, it's far from it. There is still a bunch of work you must do and you really have to want to get better for it to help even the slightest bit. No one talks about the daily struggles, such as waking up with an anxious mind and slowly working on it every single day to keep yourself at a good level. Or sweating and heating up randomly throughout the day because something unconsciously made you anxious. Or telling yourself multiple times a day that you got this, and still feel like you don't got it. The list goes on. But what I'm trying to get across is that even with medication, I too have bad days. No matter how "good" I might seem from the outside or what might be going on, on social media, I'm still just little ol' me. Trying to get through life and the obstacles I have. I want to tell you (and myself) that it's alright to not feel your best, even when everyone else expects you to. That it's okay to be real and true and open to your feelings and accept where you are today. Being vulnerable is extremely hard, but it only makes you that much stronger. And lastly, be present. I caught myself worrying about the past and the future a TON today. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it, but I'm finally letting those thoughts pass while I type this up and enjoy my face mask. Have a lovely weekend beautiful people, and I really do hope you think these cookies are as bomb diggity as I think they are.
SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE
makes 24 cookies
For the cookie
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
For the dusting/rolling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat till just combined & place the batter in the fridge for at least 1hr.
- Preheat oven to 350°F halfway through chilling.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar & cinnamon for the rolling.
- Scoop a heaping 1 tbsp. of cookie dough & roll it into a ball.
- Roll all the dough balls in the sugar mixture & place the cookies ~2 inchs apart from each other on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 mins & transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*They make for good ice cream sandwich cookies :)