Hi lovely people, it has been quite some time since my last post. A lot has happened since, but I will save that for the next baked goodie post. Today I want to share a light, tart, & refreshing dessert. Pink grapefruit sorbet. This recipe requires you to have an ice cream maker, so I'm sorry if this doesn't work out for you :( I've yet to come up with a sorbet recipe that doesn't require it. Secondly, you will have to actually like the taste of grapefruit to enjoy this one. It still has a bit of bitterness to it, so if that isn't your thing it's a-okay. I know this all sounds like bad news, but you know I would never leave you without some good news. Soooo if you don't like this fruit, feel free to swap it out for some blood oranges or lemon/limes! You may need to up the amount of sugar if you are using lemons or limes, unless you like a really tart sorbet. But for those of you who do like this fruit, wooohooo! This sorbet is a winner. It is the perfect ending to a heavy dinner, or a great summer time treat. Honestly I could eat it all year round, but citruses aren't in season all year round..sigh. I created this recipe as a collab with a bunch of other bloggers which was supposed to be up yesterday... but I had a sorbet fail sooo I'm a day late, but it's here now! Also, you can check out the hashtag #greatfruitgrapefruit to see what we all created and to get some inspo for your next grapefruit craving! Now, let's get to it!
PINK GRAPEFRUIT RECIPE
makes 1 1/2 pints
- 4 1/2 cups of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, cook the sugar & 1 cup of grapefruit juice, stirring frequently till all the sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the rest of the grapefruit juice & pour in the sugar mixture, stirring to combine.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 30mins to chill.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker & freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Scoop out into a freeze-able container & pop it in the freezer for at least an hour. I like to freeze mine overnight, so feel free to do that too.
- Thaw for 5mins before serving to make it easier to scoop. Enjoy!