BOBBY FLAY'S PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling (Chef's Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can't find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water (110°F)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine.
- While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. I
- f the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball.
- If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
- Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
FIG & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA RECIPE
- One part of Bobby Flay's pizza dough (1/2 the recipe)
- 6-7 fresh figs, cut into slices
- 1 small ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 4 slices of prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
- A small handful of arugula
- Preheat oven 500°F
- In a small pan, toss onions & salt together on low heat, stirring every few minutes.
- Once they start to caramelize, toss in the balsamic vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough & place it on a pan lined with parchment paper & some flour.
- Sprinkle the onion powder evenly over the pizza dough.
- Lay the mozzarella around the inside, leaving ~1 inch for the crust.
- With a fork, place the the onions over the cheese.
- Place the sliced figs on top and bake for 15 mins.
- Carefully take the pizza out and put the prosciutto and arugula on top.