You read that right! These cookies you see are completely eggless… but they sure don’t look it or taste it. Over the weekend I made it a goal for me to come up with an eggless cookie because my nephew is allergic to eggs & nuts and I wanted to bake something that he could enjoy as well. In case you missed it, I decided to bake up some goodies and drop them off to different family member’s door steps so they’d have something sweet to look forward to. I still have a a few more houses to hit up, but so far so good! Playing around with this recipe sparked a bit of joy inside me because it was fascinating seeing it work out. I’m not used to creating vegan recipes or needing to substitute certain ingredients out for another because my immediate family can eat everything. Watching this dough come together and bake up nicely was such a relief! Without the egg’s protein to help bind the dough, I wasn’t sure how it would hold up. But the trick is in the liquids. You can sub the tahini out for a nut butter if that is what you have on hand, but like I said, my nephew is allergic to that as well, so tahini it was for me. Also, to make this fully vegan you can use coconut oil instead of butter or sub it out for a vegan butter. This is going to be my go to recipe for eggless dough from now on. It is so good you literally can’t tell the difference! And the rest of the family approves and didn’t even know it was egg free. If you give it a try, don’t forget to tag me so I can see your beautiful creations!
EGGLSS TAHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
makes 1 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted & cooled)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 oz. mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, tahini & water till smooth.
- Add the brown sugar & continue to whisk.
- Add the salt, baking powder and baking soda & whisk to combine.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour till you no longer see any flour streaking through.
- Add in the chocolate chips & fold till evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & let it chill in the fridge for 30 mins to firm up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350°F & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tbsps. of dough onto your cookie sheet spacing them at least 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for ~14 mins or until the cookies are still soft when you pull them out.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.