B R O W N E D B U T T E R . . .
Let’s talk about that real quick.
It’s nutty, deep in flavor, and oh so rich.
It brings a whole new flavor profile to any recipe and that definitely happened here.
Also, check out that crackled top. Do I need to say more?
RUN & go make them!
BROWNED BUTTER DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES RECIPE
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 7oz. 65-75% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract or paste
- 3 eggs (room temp.)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line a 9×9” baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs off all sides.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat & stir occasionally. Continue to brown the butter until it begins to foam and make crackling noises. Once the noise has reduced and the butter is an amber color, remove the butter from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla into the butter mixture and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool for 10 mins.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Slowly stream the cooled chocolate into the mixer while beating the eggs and sugar. Beat till mixture is all incorporated ~1min.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch & salt.
- Gently fold the flour into the chocolate mixture making sure not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 45 mins or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack before slicing & serving.
- Store uneaten brownies in an airtight container. To keep the brownies from becoming dry, slice only how much you will eat and don’t cut into the whole pan of brownies!