With Easter coming up you might be wondering what you can do with your kiddos to keep them occupied if there aren’t any easter egg hunts or enough eggs at the market to bring home & dye. I’m here to tell you that staying at home during this occasion isn’t as bad as it might seem. I’ve partnered up with Eagle Brand to bring you a super simple recipe that would be so fun to do at home with your little ones. I only wish my baby girl was old enough to help me, but her tiny 4 month old hands are still learning to grasp things! I loved playing with food as a child and this cake here is sort of like playing with food and legos.
I wanted to create something that still looked amazing, yet can be put together by a 5 year old. All of last year I was stunned by these Russian Honey Cakes which apparently takes FOREVER to make. You pretty much need to bake each layer separately then let them cool before frosting (I’m talking about L A Y E R S S S). I couldn’t even stand on my feet for more than 30 minutes at a time with my big preggo belly soooo that wasn’t an option. I soon gave up on the idea of making one of those cakes up until now. I still don’t have the time to stand around and bake each layer so here it is, a no bake Russian Honey Cake!
To decorate I used some blooms that I had, chocolate eggs, and of course some bunny peeps, but you can honestly use whatever you have at home. You can even melt some chocolate and let the LO drizzle it all over, stick it with candies and other goodies and I guarantee you it will still taste delish. I do recommend you letting it chill in the fridge overnight, but if you make this in the morning and want to have it for dessert at dinner, be my guest. It’ll just be a lot softer the next day after letting the cream soak into the layers. Plus let’s teach the kiddos that waiting can be worth it, we are all so hooked on instant gratification nowadays! I hope you enjoy this one to the fullest and Happy Easter! XOXO Steph
NO BAKE RUSSIAN HONEY CAKE RECIPE
- 36 sheets of graham crackers (4 packs)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 8oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese & salt till light and fluffy.
- Scrape the bowl down & with the mixer on medium/low, slowly drizzle in condensed milk & beat till all of it is fully mixed in, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream till stiff peaks.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream in a few batches.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on the serving board or plate.
- Place 4 sheets of graham crackers on top.
- Scoop a cup of frosting on top and spread it out evenly.
- Layer on another 4 sheets of graham crackers & then another cup of frosting.
- Continue to layer and frost till all the crackers are gone.
- Use the rest of the frosting to cover the entire cake, it doesn’t need to be perfect!
- Decorate with anything and everything!
- Let the cake chill in the fridge overnight or at least 5 hours before serving.