This recipe is one that I have been hiding and keeping to myself because it is OH SO GOOD, but I am finally sharing it. Also, it is safe for me to say that this is by far my favorite chocolate chip cookie EVER. I don’t know if I could eat any other chocolate chip cookie…but then again I am kind of a cookie monster. Soooo if a grocery store cookie was the last cookie on earth, you bet your booty I’m gonna eat that cookie up. I also really wanted to share something during these tough times to keep everyone’s spirits up. If you are in any way affected by COVID-19 my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope I can bring a slither of light into your day knowing that I am praying for you. I want to be able to talk to you about my anxieties and fears as of late and how I’ve been managing it and the stressors that come with it. I want to bake with you even though baking is definitely considered a luxury right now. I understand that eggs are hard to come by and you might not have all the ingredients to bake, but I am always a message away if you want to know what you can sub things out for. I want to know any questions you might have for me whether it’s about baking, photography, being a new mom, my story, or even what I like or don’t like. And last but not least, I want to share my tips on how to make a darn good cookie dough. So, I’ll be doing an Instagram Live come Monday at 11am. I will be showing you how I make these cookies, we will chat, have a couple laughs and forget about what the world is going through for just a moment. Have questions for me? Shoot me a message here or DM me on IG. I can’t wait to see you there! @thebutterywhisk
DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (melted & cooled)
- 1 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or paste
- 3 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz. dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
*optional: corse sea salt flakes like Maldon
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugars for 1min.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding the next one.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix till just combined. It’s okay if you still see some flour streaking through.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1hr. but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 360°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 3 tbsps. of cookie dough onto the prepared pan leaving 2 inches between each cookie as they will spread.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt if using, then bake the cookies for 12-14mins. The colder your cookies are the longer they will take.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5mins. before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*optional: you can scoop the cookie dough onto your prepared pan & freeze them for 1hr, then transfer them to an airtight container or bag & stash them in your freezer for up to 3 months.