Has anyone told the Amish what is going on in our world right now?! Every single day I think about how crazy it is that we are living through a pandemic. I never thought I’d live to see something like this happen. Before the virus spread to the US and around the globe I was already worried because I have family over in Hong Kong. Little did we know it would soon hit us as well. My aunt from HK has been living here with us since the beginning of the year to help with the baby and my mom post surgery. A couple months back, her friends were already messaging her to buy masks if they were available here in the US, and if so, could she ship it to them because it is sold out everywhere. I knew at that point we should be taking this virus more seriously, but at the same time I was in lala land thinking it probably won’t get all the way here. But surprise surprise here we are now dealing with mass panic and a stupid ass president.
What scares me most are the people. How the public has reacted to this news is straight up insane. Yes we need to be updated on the right information (there is so much fake crap out), yes we need to take precaution and stock up on dry goods, and yes we need to practice good hygiene, but damn… ya’ll need to chill the f out with the toilet paper. If you’re reading this and you’re hoarding 30 years of food and supplies, shame on you. You are hurting the people who are in the most danger with this virus, the elderly. So please stop with the nonsense and just do your part in keeping this thing from spreading. END rant.
Now because we are all practicing social distancing and are pretty much quarantined in our own homes I decided to clean out my pantry. I stumbled across all the ingredients to make these yummy little treats just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. Also, due to people hoarding eggs, flour & sugar I most likely won’t be baking much unless I can whip some more of these types of recipes up. These are perfect for those who don’t like a regular rice krispie because it’s “too sweet” (if that’s you, are we even friends?) because they’re very flavorful and packed with a strong matcha flavor. Don’t expect to sleep after eating one of these babies. Anywho, my family is enjoying them and so am I. Hopefully you can find the ingredients right in your pantry too. Stay safe and clean my friends. XOXO Steph
BROWNED BUTTER MATCHA RICE KRISPIES RECIPE
makes 9 treats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (browned)
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsps. culinary grade matcha powder
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- Line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper that hangs off every side.
- In a large saucepan brown the butter on medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and add the marshmallows and stir till all is melted.
- Turn the heat off and add the matcha powder & stir to combine.
- Add the rice krispies and fold it into the mixture until it is evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan & spread it out to fill the pan. Do NOT press the mixture down or else you will not get fluffy rice krispie treats.
- Let it cool in the pan for 1hr before cutting.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 10 second intervals till all is melted.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix to combine.
- Lift the treats out and cut them into 9 squares.
- Drizzle the white chocolate on the treats & let it harden before serving.
- You can wrap each treat individually with plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container for up to one week.