HI LOVELY PEOPLE!!! I’ve been away for a long long time, didja miss me?! I have so much to update you on. Two weeks after giving birth I had a HUGE complication which caused me to be hospitalized during Christmas. I will get more into that in a very near future post. But that was the main reason I haven’t had the time to write & share my birth story or to share any recipes. I’m finally recovering like a normal human being now and am trying to enjoy my little one to the fullest. She is already growing WAAAAY too fast. It’s been three months and I wish every single day that I had the ability to slow down time. Any mamas out there feel me? Between mom-ing and housewife-ing I had the pleasure of doing a dessert bar for a friend’s wedding. I was excited and nervous because I was out of practice, but at the same time I knew I got it. Honestly I miss being in the kitchen more than anything so I knew once I got back into it, it would be hard to stop. I eased myself back in with this order (or did I jump back in?). Anyways I tested a bunch of recipes for this wedding and I’m slowly finding the time to share it with you… between feeding, diaper changes & naps. Ya’ll are special okaaaaay. I hope you feel it! First one up are these vanilla bean donuts. BAKED. That means no hot oil, no yeast, no rise time, and the end result is still a delicious donut! These right here make my insides SO darn happy. I love seeing the little speckles of vanilla throughout. Call me basic, but I LOVE a good vanilla flavored anything. And let me just say these donut disappoint..haha 😉 If you end up making them (and loving it because I know you will eat more than one) donut forget to tag me @thebutterywhisk! Now go make these soft & fluffy nomnoms!
BAKED VANILLA BEAN DONUTS RECIPE
makes one dozen
for the donuts
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg (room temp.)
- 1 cup whole milk (room temp.)
- 2 2/3 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
for the glaze
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 6 tbsp. whole milk (or more depending on how thick you want the glaze)
for the donuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar till fluffy (~3 mins).
- Add the vanilla extract, paste & eggs and beat to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour the milk in and mix.
- Add all other ingredients & mix till just combined.
- Transfer the batter to a pipping bag & cut 1/2″ off the end.
- Pipe the donut batter onto a nonstick donut pan & bake for 8-10mins. The donuts should spring back when you touch it and the sides have begun to turn golden brown.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 mins before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
for the glaze
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the milk.
- Add the milk in 1 tbsp. at a time till you reach the consistency you like. The more you add the thinner the glaze will be.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and let the excess drip off before placing on a wire rack to harden before devouring.