With just a few more days till Thanksgiving there’s a lot of prep work and meal planning to do, but I’m here to tell you, you got this! I created these simple yet oh so yummy buns to grace your table this year. If you want fresh rolls that aren’t like your usual dinner rolls, this is the one! It’s packed with lots of parmesan and the everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joes. I love being able to taste the fresh parm throughout and the little bits of crunchy onion and garlic on top sends these over the top for sure. Don’t mind me as I slather it in butter and double fist them into my mouth….
PARMESAN EVERYTHING BUNS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (lukewarm)
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp. everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp. milk (for egg wash)
- In a stand mixer, whisk the milk, yeast & sugar and let it sit for 5 mins till the yeast actives and becomes foamy.
- Add the egg, melted butter, salt & 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour in & knead till a dough ball begins to form.
- Continue to knead for 5 mins till the dough becomes smooth.
- Lightly flour your work surface & transfer the dough onto it, knead it a couple times and form a ball.
- Place the ball of dough in an oiled bowl & cover it with a damp towel.
- Let the dough rise in a draft free and warm place till doubled in size (~ 1- 1 1/2 hours if you preheat your oven to the lowest setting then turn it off & place the bowl inside).
- At this point you can punch the dough down, cover it and place it in the fridge till tomorrow or continue to the next step.
- Punch the dough down and transfer to a lightly floured work surface.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces (I used a scale for mine) and form each one into a ball.
- Place the buns 1 inch apart in a 9×13″ baking dish lined with parchment paper that hangs over the edge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F & whisk the extra egg & milk in a small bowl.
- Brush the buns with the egg wash, sprinkle the seasoning & extra parm on top.
- Bake the buns for 25 mins or until the tops are golden brown. Serve immediately!