How is your Tuesday going? I’ve had a crazy tiring weekend. Car dealerships are no joke. Whoever said they’re vultures are SO RIGHT. I’m still in search of a car, but am trying to be as patient as I can with the whole process, though car salesman really know how to set a girl off. And I don’t mean that ALL car salesmen are like that, but most of the ones I’ve had to deal with give me a big headache. Anyways, I had a busy Monday too, my best friend was in town over the weekend, but her last day was yesterday so I vowed to spend as much time as I could with her before taking her to the airport, leaving me not much time to share my mindful Monday.
Something happened this weekend that changed my life. I can not wait to tell you what it is, but you will have to wait a little longer to find out. I’m having all kinds of feelings about it and want to share so badly, but I know it’s not the right time to let you all know yet. I’ve been thinking about it almost non-stop every single day. If one thought has ever completely consumed your mind, you’ll know exactly how I’m feeling. I hope that as this week continues, I’ll be able to thinking clearly and focus on what I need to do right now instead of the near future or future. To be mindful of the present and to enjoy the moments as they come.
Now onto these crazy cruffins. I first saw them on Kelsey’s (kelsey_thefarmersdaughter) IG feed. She shared a cinnamon and sugar cruffin that looked absolutely delish. I was salivating thinking about it as I laid in bed. Then I though to myself, I have some laminated dough from the week prior that needed to be put to use so I got up and started my day with the intention of cruffins. Don’t get me wrong, I still want to make those cinnamony ones, but CHEESE. Ya’ll know cheese is my spirit food, so I had to incorporate it into these flakey af cruffins. The cheese does melt into the layers, but it makes it soooo rich and flavorful, I had to stop myself after one. Plus look at the sides…that crispy cheese is to die for. If you’re looking for a savory, buttery, flakey, cheesy side dish or breakfast, look no further. These are absolutely perfect in the morning for breakfast, a snack in the middle of the day, and even as a side for dinner. I’d love to see you try them! please let me know how it goes! Also, if the instructions are hard to understand you can head over to Kelsey’s IG feed for a video on how to roll them up! Don’t forget to tag #thebutterywhisk so that I’ll be able to see yours! Happy Tuesday!!! XOXO steph
CHEDDAR CHIVE CRUFFIN RECIPE
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (1 box or 1 recipe thawed)
- 3oz. cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder or salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter and flour a muffin tin and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets length wise so that they’re ~10″ x 24″.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on both sheets.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese & chopped chives.
- Sprinkle the pepper and onion powder or salt on top.
- Roll up one sheet at a time like you would when making a cinnamon roll, making sure the center is tightly tucked in.
- Cut each roll in half so you end up having four 12″ long rolls, then cut them in half again but this time lengthwise, revealing the center.
- Now you should have 8 strips which you will be rolling into a “snail”.
- Begin by placing one strip on its back with the filling side facing up. Take one end and tuck it inwards rolling it up to create a swirl. Once you have rolled it up 3/4th of the way, tuck the rest of the tail underneath it.
- Place each cruffin into a slot on the muffin tin & bake for 20 mins, then reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for another 30 mins.
- Take the cruffins out and let them cool on a wire rack completely before devouring.