Don’t you wish you could always feel that new year feeling? That spark you get when January 1st rolls around? That new found confidence, the crazy ideas, that goal smashing attitude… yeah, I wish I could feel that every single day. This year started out pretty rough to say the least, but I shall not dwell on the negatives. As my business is moving forward, there are SO many things to do. Yet at the same time, I’m actually considering going back to culinary school.
As many of you might know, I dropped out of college with one year left after being diagnosed with anxiety. I was studying kinesiology, hoping to head off to grad school after to become an occupational therapist. BUT plans changed. A WHOLE LOT. Apparently, the last couple of years really got me thinking about my life and career choice. I also rencountered baking, a hobby I loved. Now I have come to realize, this is where my passion lies. It would be silly to not pursue this field, or at least try. I guess what I’m trying to say is that, life is crazy. And even though the hardest moments in my life were these past couple of years, there has been so much good that has come from it. I hope to continue to see the positives in life and feel this motivated all year long.
Also, I’m totally in the market for an actual DSLR. Saying bye bye to that iphone camera for a bit! Wish me luck! (this is absolutely out of my comfort zone!)
Ohhh and make this one. You WON’T regret it. It’s my favorite banana bread recipe sprinkled with tasty little chocolate chip morsels… yum.
BANANA BREAD WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS RECIPE
- 5 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter and flour a loaf pan & set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash 4 bananas with a fork or whisk.
- Add the sugar, oil & eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder & soda and whisk till just combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Fold in all but 2 tbsps. of the mini chocolate chips & pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Cut the last banana length wise & place them on top of the loaf with the insides facing up.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate chips & bake for 1hr, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.