You know how they call cookie monster, cookie monster cause he can’t stop eating cookies? Well, one thing I can never say no to are potatoes. I LOVE POTATOES. I could eat them all day, everyday. I honestly don’t think I can ever get sick of it. It’s just the best. You could dress them up all fancy or keep it simple and I’ll devour it all. I mean, you must love potatoes too, right??? They make those amazing fries you like to each so much, the one and only creamy mash potatoes, and for all you drinkers out there, it’s the base for vodka! How could you not like it?! Give me all the starch! And yeah you could call me potato monster, I won’t object.
Soooo if you like potatoes, you’ll love this hash. It’s the perfect slow morning breakfast. I like having it on the weekends when I wake up later than usual and feel like having brunch, but don’t feel like driving down to LA and spending $50 on a meal & parking. You can switch up the meat & cheese too, make it vegan if you wish with tomatoes and what not. I hope you guys enjoy this one, cause I surely do.
SAUSAGE, EGG, & CHEESE SKILLET HASH RECIPE
- 1 large russet potato (scrubbed & diced)
- 1/2 small sweet onion (diced)
- 4oz. spicy Italian sausage, or any sausage you prefer
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup of colby jack cheese or cheddar cheese, depending on how much you like.
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the personal skillets on high heat & add 1 tbsp. of grape seed oil to each.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the potatoes in each skillet and cook on medium heat, tossing occasionally till all sides are crisp (~15 mins).
- Add the diced onions and cook for a couple minutes till they soften.
- Now add the sausage & cook by stirring it in the skillet for a couple mins.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, salt & pepper and toss gently.
- Make a small well in the center of each skillet & crack the eggs on top.
- Place a lid over the skillets and cook for ~10mins on low for a runny yolk.
- Season with a little more salt & pepper, serve immediately.
*you could double the recipe and make it in a large skillet for 4 people as well.