Don’t have time to cook dinner, but the thought of eating out repulses you? Me too. Some days I am so exhausted and can’t fathom making a dinner that takes FOREVER, you know what I’m saying? Washing, chopping, more washing, cooking, cleaning etc… Nor do I have the energy to go out only to be eating super salty, oily, & unhealthy (EXPENSIVE) foods. This is my go-to recipe for those days. It looks fancy, taste aahhhhmazing, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. And that’s including whatever sides you want to make to go with it (like this salad I tossed in under 5 mins & grains I cooked with a couple tomatoes while preparing the salmon). Try it out yourself, I know you & your wallet will thank me later 😉
EASY PAN SEARED SALMON RECIPE
- 2 (8oz.) fillet of salmon, ready to cook
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil
- Dry the salmon with paper towels & score the skin side a couple times.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a pan on high heat.
- Once hot, add the oil & turn the heat down to medium.
- Carefully lay down both slices of salmon away from you, skin side down.
- Cook for 4-5mins without touching it. You will see the bottom & sides begin to cook.
- Gently flip the salmons over as to not rip the skin & push it towards the edge of the pan to sear the sides.
- Cook for 1-2 mins & serve immediately.
*I usually serve it on top of grains & a salad (lemony ones go real well with it).