GOOD AFTERNOON LOVELY PEOPLE! V-Day just passed and I’m already thinking about the next holiday…that’s normal right??? Any excuse to bake goodies is good enough for me. My amazing boyfriend, An (pronounced ON, like on/off) cooked a super delicious beef stroganoff for me! He’s almost never in the kitchen, unless there’s already food cooking up and he’s trying to steal a bite. So having a meal prepared fully by him was more than I could ask for, plus he surprised me with some beautiful red roses 🙂
I can’t wait to remake the pasta for you all and share the yumminess of it. But while you wait for that, here’s the dessert that I planned on making (if you read my last post). Since I lost a bet, I was deemed in charge of V-Day dessert, so here are my strawberries & cream puff pastries. They were the perfect light dessert after a good heavy meal. It’s super simple and easy to whip up, and you can replace the strawberries with blueberries or peaches as well! I chose strawberries since it was V-day, and I cut the strawberries into little hearts of course, because why not?!
STRAWBERRY & CREAM PUFF PASTRIES RECIPE
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (thawed) ~or homemade puff pastry rolled out.
- 3 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 box of strawberries ~or fruit of choice
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Roll out puff pastry & cut into 6 rectangles.
- Place the rectangles on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- With a fork, poke holes all around the center of the pastry, leaving ~1 inch border.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar & vanilla extract till smooth.
- Spread the mixture in the center area covering where the holes were poked.
- Peel the stems off the strawberries (if using), then wash & dry strawberries with a paper towel.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut them in half. At the top, cut out a little V to make the heart (I also sliced the outer part of the strawberries so they’d lay flatter).
- Beat the egg in a small bowl & brush the borders of the pastries with it.
- Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese, layering them on top of each other.
- Bake for ~15 mins or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
“Be the reason someone smiles today” – Unknown