Have you decided what to make for Valentine’s Day??? I made these conversation heart sugar cookies two years ago, and I wanted to make them again this year, but I’m in charge of dessert for dinner at home this year with my boyfriend…and cookies just won’t suffice. I’m thinking about some strawberries & cream puff pastries, so look out for that on the blog tomorrow! You can write just about anything you like on these cookies which makes it super fun because they don’t necessarily have to be “lovey dovey” phrase muhuhaha! Hope y’all have fun creating these for your loved ones, or not so loved ones, or just for yourself because self love is always the best kind of love.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 2 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Food coloring (I used Wilton’s gel food coloring)
- Cookie stamp
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese & sugar together, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add in the egg and beat till incorporated.
- Add in the extracts & lemon zest and beat till mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt & baking powder.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet till dough forms.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces and color to your liking.
- Roll each piece of dough out 1/8 inch thick & use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
- Use the cookie stamp to put whatever quirky phrases you’d like!
- Place cookies on parchment paper & bake in the oven for ~10mins.
“Happiness is not out there, it’s in you”. -Unknown