My parents are finally back in town, and that means I get a break from cooking every meal! BUT I do have a creamy savory sauce I’d like to share with you all, and that is my take on a pesto sauce. There are no nuts in this, so if you have any nut allergies, it’s time to celebrate! I’ve eaten avocados ever since I was a baby and I love them in every way and on top of everything. Living in an Asian household, I never have any pine nuts laying around, so here came the idea of an avocado pesto. There are some similar recipes out there, but this is how I like mine. I had some frozen cheese ravioli in the freezer that I simply cooked up and tossed in the sauce, and some chicken breast which I marinaded and topped the pasta with. You can use this sauce on much more than ravioli, there’s spaghetti, penne, squash, zucchini noodles etc… And you can also make this chicken for any other recipe as well, so I hope you all enjoy these two simple recipes!
SIMPLE PAN SEARED CHICKEN RECIPE
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, basil and oil.
- Let it marinade for at least 30 mins.
- Cook for ~10 mins each side on medium heat (depending on size, cook longer if needed).
- Serve on rice, pasta, salad, or top it on anything you’d like!
AVOCADO PESTO SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (depending on taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put fresh basil, lemon juice, garlic clove(s) and salt into a food processor and blend.
- Scoop avocado into mixture and blend till smooth.
- Toss it with pasta or veggies and serve.
*It’s best to eat this sauce asap, as avocado does oxidize and turn brown.
“Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” -Jenn Proske