Seeing as it was National Chocolate Chip Day yesterday, I HAD to whip up these babies right here! This is my go to recipe when I’m craving some homemade cookies. It’s pretty fool proof and they are super duper easy to make, so don’t be afraid to try it out if you’re a beginner. I tend to like my cookies more on the thin side, a bit chewy in the middle and crispy around the edges, and I felt like I’ve perfected that with this recipe. The secret is using egg yolks ONLY, it makes all the difference in the texture of the dough. They’re definitely distinct from other chocolate chip cookies I’ve had and made, plus they’re OH SO DELICIOUS!!! (especially right out of the oven…mmmmm).
CHEWY GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
Makes ~2 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter -softened/room temp
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 7-8oz chocolate chips (or chucks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat butter and brown sugar together with a hand mixer till fluffy.
- Add in egg yolks and mix on low (scrape down sides if necessary).
- Add vanilla extract, salt, & baking soda and mix till incorporated.
- Add in the flour and continue to mix making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chucks.
- Scoop 1tbsp of cookie dough onto prepared pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until the tops have browned.
- Let cool for 2 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
“Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” -Elizabeth G